Have you just bought your first computer? Maybe you’ve owned a computer for a while but feel you could achieve more with it. Either way, the internet has no limit in what it can offer. Here are some of our favourite and most recommended online activities:
- Email: Sending an email can save a lot of time on the phone. It’s also a more cost-effective way of contacting distant friends or businesses.
- Search for information: Use your preferred search engine, such as Google or Yahoo!, to have access to all the information on the internet.
- YouTube: Search for anything from music videos to funny clips of cats on the internet’s largest library of videos.
- Google Earth: Find your own house or explore any corner of the world with the satelite pictures and Google Street View.
- Shopping: Online shopping is very popular, you will find all the highstreet stores as well as stores that are exclusively online such as Amazon and Ebay.
- Video calling: Services such as Skype and Facetime allow you to video call your friends and family no matter how far away they may be and best of all: they’re free!
- Catch-up TV:BBC iplayer, ITV player, 4OD, and others services allow you to catch up on the TV shows that you’ve missed or fallen behind on.
- Online streaming services: Websites such as Netflix and Amazon Prime allow you to watch TV series and movies without downloading them to your computer. These services come at a set monthly fee, and are regularly updated with both new and old content.
- Online banking: This is a great way to make managing your money more accessible, as you will be able to check you balances, move money between accounts and pay bills from home. You should ask your bank about their online banking services and remember never to share your login details.